FLORIDA CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Car accidents can be jarring experiences and can take time, money, and energy to recover from. After the crash, a person can spend days to weeks filling out insurance claims, trying to gather evidence, and taking on the insurance company for proper compensation. These matters can be complex and stressful for everyone involved. This is why turning to a professional South Florida car accident attorney like Mike Fischetti is strongly recommended. We believe that you deserve compensation and guidance so you can get back to living life.
We’ve helped hundreds of our clients get the compensation and help they deserve while steering clear of insurance company tactics like denying, delaying, and underpaying claims. Our dedication to our clients has stood the test of time, and with decades of experience on our team, we’re ready to help you right now.
If you or a loved one have been Injured in a car accident, wait no longer. Call 833-MIKE-247 or contact us now to schedule your completely FREE, no-obligation consultation. No fees are charged unless we win. Our bilingual team has the skills and experience to help you get the maximum compensation for your car accident claim.
THE 3 R’S OF PROPERTY DAMAGE
CAR RENTAL – KEEP ON THE MOVE
If you’re having difficulty finding a rental car and are unable to afford the cost until your car is fixed, contact a car accident attorney at The Fischetti Law Group. The firm will investigate your claim and find the coverages on all policies.
Your Policy: If your policy includes rental coverage, rental costs can be covered. Most policies cover up to a daily and total policy limit.
Other Driver’s Policy: If the at-fault policy includes rental coverage, rental costs can be covered. Most policies cover up to a daily and total policy limit. The at-fault insurance can advise if the claim covers a rental.
CAR REPLACEMENT – TOTAL LOSS CLAIMS
An insurance company can consider a vehicle a total loss if:
- Repair costs are more than its ACV
- The damage amount meets a state’s total loss threshold
- Damages exceed their pre-accident value according to a state’s total loss formula
- The car can’t be repaired due to extensive damage
There are multiple methods that insurance companies use to determine the cost of replacing your car. If you don’t agree with the insurance company’s offer we can make a counteroffer for what you believe is fair. If the insurance company refuses to budge on the offer for your car’s value, you can either accept their offer or we can file a lawsuit on your behalf to get your car’s fair market value.
CAR REPAIRS – GET BACK ON THE ROAD
Use your collision coverage – The fastest way to get started on your car repairs is to use your own collision insurance. This requires filing a claim and paying your deductible. Then, your insurance company will start a process to collect the payments made on your claim from the at-fault insurance and will help you recover any out-of-pocket expenses. This process is called subrogation.
Choose the repair shop of your choice – An insurance adjuster from the at-fault party may try to pressure or persuade you into using one of their preferred repair shops. This is because they have a preset contractual rate with the body shops, so they can save their insured’s money. Only use a car repair shop that you feel comfortable with.
- Commercial vehicles cause some of the most devastating accident injuries, owing to their heavy weight and large size.
- A car accident involving a commercial vehicle can be even more complicated since there are parties other than the driver that may be at fault. Depending on the unique circumstances involved, any of the following parties may be held liable for a commercial vehicle accident:
- The commercial vehicle driver; The driver’s employer;
- The company that owns or leases the vehicle;
- The person or company responsible for the vehicle’s maintenance; and/or The vehicle’s manufacturer or the manufacturer of a certain vehicle part.
- Distracted driving is the act of driving while engaging in other activities which distract the driver’s attention away from the road. Distracted driving is any activity that diverts attention from driving, including:
- Talking or texting on your phone
- Eating and drinking
- Talking to people in your vehicle
- Fiddling with the stereo, entertainment, or navigation system
- Anything that takes your attention away from the task of safe driving.
- In Florida, when two vehicles collide and the back car is found to be at fault, there’s a legal presumption of negligence that will attach itself to them. Rear-end collisions are some of the most common types on our roads today.
- A rebuttable presumption means that, although it is assumed the rear-end driver is at fault, the rear-end driver will have a chance to challenge this presumption and he or she will not be automatically found guilty.
- If you have been rear-ended, contact an experienced car accident attorney today by scheduling a free case consultation.
- A rollover is a type of vehicle crash in which a vehicle tips over onto its side or roof.
- Rollover accidents have a higher fatality rate than other types of vehicle collisions.
- Fatalities result in 50% of rollover crashes
- 80% of rollover fatalities were not wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash
- 55% of all single-car crashes involve vehicle rollovers
- 75% of all rollovers involve SUVs, minivans, or pick-up trucks
- Approximately 28,000 rollover accidents occur in the US each year
HEAD ON COLLISION
- Head-on car crashes are one of the most dangerous types of car crashes and frequently cause severe injuries and even death of the vehicle’s occupants.
- A head-on collision is a traffic collision where the front ends of two hit each other when traveling in opposite directions. In most head-on collision cases, one driver was going the wrong way. This is usually the driver that is liable.
- One of the hardest parts of being a victim of any car accident is knowing what to do next. A head-on car accident attorney with a successful track record will be able to guide you through the legal process.
- A pedestrian accident is an accident involving a pedestrian and a motor vehicle, bicycle, or even horse. Pedestrians are susceptible to severe injuries when they are struck by motor vehicles.
- The 2020 Crash Dashboard created by the Florida Highway and Safety reported a total of 8,117 pedestrian fatalities, 715 of them involving fatalities.
- Injured in a pedestrian accident? ACT FAST to get the help and compensation you deserve. Our bilingual team is ready to help you
Common Car Accident Injuries
- BACK INJURY
- NECK INJURIES
- BROKEN BONES
- TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
- SPINE INJURIES
- SOFT TISSUE INJURIES
- LIMB LOSS AND AMPUTATION
- CUTS, BURNS, AND DISFIGURATION
- After a car accident, call 911 and report the incident.
- If you are injured seek medical assistance.
- Take pictures of any visible injuries and damages to your vehicle or property.
- Log and collect receipts, expenses, or fees associated with the accident.
- To preserve your rights, do not sign any release forms or give any recorded statements to the insurance company until you have consulted with a personal injury lawyer
- If the insurance company does not agree to just compensation, we will take your case to court and litigation on your behalf.
Insurance companies may try to deny, delay or underpay your claim – even if you inflicted serious injuries and needed medical care. When this happens, it can be incredibly frustrating; however, an experienced personal injury attorney like Mike will fight for justice on your behalf and secure the compensation that is due to you! Don’t let insurance companies take advantage of a difficult situation, we’re here to help!
A Contingency Fee Agreement means:
Your initial consultation is free and without obligation;
We do not charge retainer fees or hourly rates;
No out-of-pocket fees while your case is pending;
If we recover compensation on your behalf, we only retain our fixed portion.
If we do not win, you pay no legal fees.
Injured victims in Florida must take quick action to ensure they can receive the medical care necessary for their recovery. It is crucial that a qualified healthcare provider be seen within 14 days of an accident, or else insurance company benefits may not be provided.
Qualified healthcare professionals such as medical doctors, dentists, chiropractors, and emergency technicians can provide critical services for urgent situations. For more general care, physical therapists or massage therapists may be consulted according to the 14-Day Rule. Outside of these professions are not accepted under this rule set.
In addition, if you suffered from non-emergency injuries, you can only receive $2,500 in benefits. If you suffered a medical condition, you can receive the maximum payout ( $10,000 P.I.P Benefits); however, you might carry a larger policy.
In the State of Florida, the statute of limitations is four years. This means you have no more than four years from the date of the discovery of your injuries to file a personal injury claim. For medical malpractice, the status of limitations is two years. This means you have no more than two years from the date of the discovery of your injuries to file a claim. In Florida, the Discovery rule allows you to file a personal injury claim based on the date the injuries were discovered rather than the date of the accident. The discovery rules apply when a person discovers the injuries or should have discovered the injuries.
The typical length of treatment for most people injured in a car accident is 6-8 weeks. After that, it usually takes 4-6 weeks to resolve a claim if it does not go to litigation. Of course, every person is different, at our South Florida car accident attorney office, we never rush a client’s treatment to speed up settlements. We work with our clients and their medical team throughout their treatment with our main focus on getting our clients to pre-accident conditions.
Choose Fischetti Law Group
As your South Florida car accident attorney, Mike Fischetti and our talented team are here for you. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident, don’t wait. Give us a call today and we will jump on the case to make sure you have everything you need for proper compensation. We’re here for you!